Canada work visa requirements for Indian citizens
Many applicants want to know about the Canada work visa requirements for Indian citizens. Canada has the ninth-largest economy in the globe. It is most likely why individuals immigrate to the Land of Maple Leaf, and Indians are no exception.
Canada is considered one of the world’s most developed countries. It is placed second in the world regarding quality of life, economic influence, entrepreneurship, and sustainability.
This page aims to provide clear information about the requirements, application process, eligibility criteria, and how to obtain a work permit in Canada.
Benefits of a Canada work visa
Canada is a destination for Indian nationals because of the economic opportunities it offers in numerous sectors. Here are the advantages offered by the Canadian government to individuals.
- Better standard of living,
- Handsome salary packages
- Low crime rate
- Free healthcare services
- Public infrastructure
- Advanced education
Canada work visa for Indians
A Canada work permit is an official document that allows Indian citizens to work in Canada for a specific period. It is crucial to note that a work permit differs from a Canada visa, and applicants seeking to work in Canada must obtain a Canada work permit to legally work there.
Types of Canada work visa
There are two types of visas for Canada from India for Indian nationals who want to get occupation in the country. These two work visas available for Indians are:-
- Employer-specific work visa
This work permit allows the holder to work for a specific employer mentioned in the permit. It allows to work on certain conditions such as the name of the employer, duration of the job, and location.
- Open work permit
This visa allows foreigners to work in Canada for any Canadian employer without a job offer except those listed as ineligible.
Requirements for obtaining Canada work
If you wish to work in Canada and want to get a work permit, Indians need to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. Canada work visa requirements for Indian Citizens are as follows:-
- Leaving Canada when the work permit expires
- Have enough amount to support yourself and your family
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Good health and medical examination
- Job offer letter
- Essential documents supporting your application
Canada work visa processing time
The Canadian visa processing time depends on the visa you are applying for. Canada work visa processing time varies from 5-6 months for Indian individuals.
The Canadian government grants immigration for family members under the dependent work permit group.
Apply for a Canada Work visa from India
Indians can apply for the visa online. Here are the steps to apply for the Canada work visa from India:-
- Go to the official site of the Canadian government
- Open the menu and click on “Immigration and Citizenship”
- Choose the work option
- Go to the option of “Get a work permit”
- Choose the appropriate type of worker
- Click on “Appy for the work permit”
- Select how to apply
- Scroll down and choose the place from where you are applying for a Canada work visa
- Select the choice “Get the application to work in Canada”
- From the downward menu choose the option of online application and your home country
- You can sign in to your existing/active account
- Completely fill out the application form and submit it
- Upload the supporting documents
- Pay the visa fee online
- Get an appointment for an interview at the Canada Visa Application Centre (VAC)
- Provide necessary details on biometrics at the VAC
- If you get a call, go for an interview
- The successful candidates will receive an approval letter from the Canadian Embassy
Documents required for Canada work visa
The documents needed for a Canada work permit are based on the specific immigration program under which you are applying. You must have all the mandatory documents to apply for a work visa:
- Valid Passport
- Proof of funds
- Medical Insurance
- A Canadian’s employer offer letter
- Minimum work experience in a specific area
To apply for a work visa, you must have the job offer letter in your hand. Canada work visa requirements for Indian Citizens are discontiguous from the Canadian one. Make sure you read them thoroughly before applying for a work visa.
Sernexuss is the leading immigration consultant in India. Our professionals can assist you in getting a Canada work permit throughout the process.