Study in Germany
Germany is the most approachable place for international students, who want to study in Central Europe. It has achieved the world’s fourth-largest economy by nominal GDP as well as fifth largest by PPP (purchasing power parity). The UNDP ranks Germany on the top of Human Index Development because it offers to student tuition-free education universities, social security, and a universal health care system.
Visiting Germany also gives you breaks to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites which is ranked fourth on the list.
German universities are growing with both prestigious old institutions and fresher technical universities. They offer more than 500 diverse courses in bachelor's & master’s degrees which are delivered in the English Language. The international students have the best preferences to study in the most popular cities like Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Hamburg, and 40 further cities.
Sernexuss Immigration will lead your way in getting a German student visa by preparing with required documents and application process. If you are thinking to plan your education in Germany, fill our free assessment form or just call us to get your study visa on time without facing many problems.
Visas For Study In Germany
There are three types of study German Visas; the applicants have to apply for suitable visas according to their purpose of study or travel or work;
- Language Course Visa – The students have to enroll in the short German language course for studying which can be for 3 months to 1 year.
- Student Application Visa – The students who want to go to Germany but still didn’t get the right college or formal offer letter or have to give entrance can obtain this visa which is valid for 3 months and can be extended up to 6 months.
- Student Visa – The students who have got the admission offer letter from the German universities have to apply for a student visa which is valid for a long time till the courses are completed.
Applying for the Germany Study Visa, the applicants have to fill the application form with required documents such as:
- Two filled visa application form and signed
- Original Passport; two copies
- Two passport size photograph
- Previous education certificates
- Birth Certificate
- If married have to show the proof of Marriage Certificate
- If you have children have to show the proof of Child certificate
- College admission letter or an offer letter from the respective German course or institute
Need to demonstrate the proof of Financial resource you can demonstrate one of the following documents as per your conditions:
- You can open a Blocked bank account online from Fintiba. It is accepted by worldwide German embassies and Consulates.
- You can provide a letter of declaration in which your parents will declare they are going to support your living expense, tuition fees, and other financial requirements.
- If you have been awarded a scholarship, show a scholarship certificate that what the scholarship will cover and you are the candidate getting the scholarship financial coverage.
- You can provide a letter of commitment in which your known person living in Germany will commit to cover all your accommodation and living costs.
- Have to show the evidence/proof of visa receipt fee that you have paid the visa application fee
- Have to show the proof of English or German language proficiency
- Motivation Letter, you have to explain why you want to take this degree and what your future goals are, etc.
- Updated CV or resume
You have to register yourself for Travel Health Insurance for almost 3 months from your departure date to enrollment in the German universities; there are two categories
- Students aged 29 below are termed to be benefited from free travel health insurance for up to 31 months offered by German Student Insurance
- Students aged 30 above such as interns, doctoral degrees, and language students can take EDUCARE24 by DR-WALTER
- If you have Past Schengen Visa (can be submitted)
- If you have Past Resident Visa (can be submitted)
Step 1: Make a visa appointment to the German Embassy or Consulate in your country to submit your application.
Step 2: Arrange and collect your pre-requisite documents before you go to your scheduled interview. Get yourself ready for the common interview questions & specific documents if needed.
Step 3: Going for interview day prepare all the required documents for your scheduled interview as well as be rehearsed to answer all the interview questions that will be asked by the consulate officer to closely examine your case profile.
If you don’t have a German Embassy in your country, then you have to submit your application to a nearby neighboring country German Embassy/Consulate.
In Germany, public universities provide free education to international students only there are enrolment, administration, and confirmation fees per semester.
It also depends on whether you are taking admissions in private universities and which course to study. As private universities are not free and charge full tuition fees. But German universities
particular have reasonable fees when comparing to other countries such as U.K, USA, Canada, Australia, etc. Refer to the below table to have an idea of how much average tuition fees and living expense can be:
|Study Program||Average Tuition Fees|
|Undergraduate/ Bachelor Degree||€500 - €20,000 yearly|
|Post undergraduate/ Master Degree||€5,000 – €30,000 yearly|
|Doctorate Degree||€5,000 – €12,000 yearly|
Both Public & private universities and language course institutes in Germany follow the two major intakes which are broadly classified as:
Summer Semester: The students have to apply from the 15th of January
Winter Semester: The students have to apply from the 15th of July
The Top Universities In GermanyQS World University Rankings 2021 - Top Universities in Germany
|Germany rank||Global rank||University|
|1||50||Technische Universität München|
|4||117||Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin|
|5||130||Freie Universität Berlin|
|6||131||KIT, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie|
|7||145||Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen|
|8||148||Technische Universität Berlin|
|9||173||Technische Universität Dresden|
|10||175||Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen|
Get Your Free Estimation
Make An Appointment
TThe applicants have to submit a student visa application form 3 months before the date of commencement of college. If you don’t want to miss your interview slot or any other delay reasons, you should be particular about this and must submit your application 6 months in advance.
TThe processing time for a German student visa can vary from German Embassy, from where are you applying, and for which course. The applicants can get their email within 25 days or it may take 6 to 12 weeks for the embassy to go through your profile and decide whether you are eligible or not eligible for Student Visa.
This is the most essential for the applicants once arrive in Germany; you just have to follow three steps;
- First, register your address in the nearby local registration office in Germany.
- Second, after receiving the confirmation, register for an appointment with the nearest immigration Authorities.
- Third, on the day of the interview, carry your application form and required documents with you.
After these three steps, you will be receiving your Student Residence Permit in Germany.
The blocked account is a kind of bank account for international students which can be used as ‘proof of financial’ to show you have enough money for living in Germany during your course of studies. It also highly increases your chance of getting a student visa. As per the record, you have to maintain euro 10,322 in your bank account before applying.
Euro 75 is the cost of a German Student Visa which has to be paid through bank transfer in the name of the German Embassy/ Consulate in your country. Online modes such as credit/debit cards or cheques are not acceptable. And remember this is a non-refundable fee.