Canada PR visa is the foremost step to begin your journey of moving to Canada. Canada is a country with the best job opportunities, welcoming nature, and pleasant culture.
Canadian Government is welcoming more and more immigrants to fulfil the need of their local employers because of the shortage of skilled workers in Canada.
Canada PR Visa gives you the status of Permanent Residence in Canada for 5 years and then you can renew it or can apply for Canadian Citizenship after meeting all the eligibility requirements.
Benefits of Canada PR Visa:
- To begin with, Canada PR Visa is crucial for an individual who is consenting to apply for Canadian Citizenship. PR Visa duration is for five years, but it is renewable. The candidate can also apply for Canadian Citizenship. Before applying for Citizenship, the only condition is that the individual should be physically present in Canada for the last three years.
- In addition to it, PR Visa gains you the right to live, work and study anywhere in Canada.
- Another pertinent point is that the Government of Canada ensures their protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- At last, Canadian PR candidates can achieve the ability to enter and leave the border of Canada using their Canadian PR card or Permanent resident travel documents (PRTD).
There are multiple Ways to obtain a Canada PR Visa from India by following a step-by-step procedure. Canada is one of the best immigrant-friendly country and every year they welcome a large number of immigrants to Canada.
Individuals obtain Canada PR Visa through the following immigration Pathways:
1. Express Entry Program- Express Entry Program is one of the fastest pathways to immigrate to Canada and achieve Canada PR through any of the three program under the Express Entry stream:
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program
3. Canadian Experience Class
2. Provincial Nominee Program- PNP is the second most popular immigration program of Canada after the Express Entry Program. It is a program for those candidates who were not successful to achieve good scores in the Express Entry pool.
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW):The Federal Skilled Worker program operates under the Express Entry Program, and the evaluation gets done through the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The worker must have one-year work experience and should meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST):To be certified for FST Program, the candidate must have two years of work experience in a skilled trade. The candidate must secure the experience within five years before the application.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC):The CEC is best for those candidates who have recent work experience in Canada and now looking for permanent immigration to Canada.
Candidates with University Degrees, skilled work experience, and ordinary proficiency in English or French are suitable for Express Entry Program.
The candidate must also meet the eligibility criteria of one of the three Federal programs: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, and Canadian Experience Class.
To meet the eligibility criteria of the Express Entry Program, the candidate must have the following:
- Have at least one year of experience in any skilled profession.
- Need to score a minimum of a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) seven in English or French.
- Post-secondary education equivalent to Canadian standard with an Education Credential Assessment (ECA).
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs): Provincial nominee Program offers a route to those individuals who are willing to immigrate to a particular Canadian province or territory.
Each Canadian Province runs its PNP developed to meet its determined economic and demographic needs.
According to the current PR Draw of 2022, the Canadian Government is focusing more on Provincial Nominee Program by continuing the trend of 2021 and excluding the individuals from Federal Skilled Worker.
There are thirteen provinces and territories in Canada, and they run their PNP Program.
There is a step by step by process through which you can apply for a PNP Program in Canada:
- Find a suitable PNP: Research all the provinces and territories where you are looking forward to immigrating and check the eligibility criteria of each PNP.
- Apply to PNP: After choosing a suitable PNP, submit your application for that ProvinceProvince.
- Provincial Nominee Certificate: If the candidate's application is selected, the ProvinceProvince or nominee will nominate the individual for the Canadian Permanent Residence.
- Apply for Permanent Residence: The last step is to apply for Permanent Residence.
- Sponsorship: In this, the family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents get sponsored.
Eligible members to sponsor:
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) use a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool to rank candidates' profiles based on their credentials.
The point-based scoring system is evaluated based on the following factors:
Individuals should prepare all the essential documents before applying for Canada PR to avoid facing problems later.
- Educational Credential Assessment Certificate
- IELTS Test result or Language Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Medical Test
The above documents are the third-party documents required for the application and the documents supporting the applicant's profile.
Processing time for Canada PR Visa depends from Program to program. Every Program has a different processing time; the Express Entry Program of Canada, on average, takes six months to process an application of the candidate, but other programs like Provincial Nominee Program might take nine months to 12 months. The processing time can be faster or slower; it depends on the application type of the candidates, necessary documents, etc.