A study visa for Canada is a dream that millions of students from all over the world carry in their eyes. Canada is one of the most renowned countries for its fastest economic growth, prominent educational institutions, universal healthcare system, etc.
Canada has the world’s most of top educational institutions with an affordable fees, making it a dream for uncountable people to go and study there. Canada is not just a tourist place but it is also a carrier-oriented country with one of the best teaching methodologies, valuable degrees, and excellent job offers with high-paid salaries. Canada also offers free education to Canadian PR candidates’ children for up to 18 years of age or school.
What is a Canadian student visa?
The study visa for Canada or Canada student visa is a visa that allows overseas students to come and study in Canada. This study visa for Canada is just the same as the Canada visitor visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTa), but the candidate also needs a study permit visa.
The Canada study visa allows the candidates to study at Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). It allows the students to live in Canada till their study program ends and in some cases, they are also allowed to work. The candidate should leave Canada immediately after the completion or expiration of their visa. The candidate can apply for an extension of their study visa during the additional 90 days provided to them after the completion of the study program.
How to apply for a Canadian student visa?
The application for a study visa for Canada can be applied in both online and offline mode. The process for both the online and offline modes is generally the same and is as follows:
- The candidates need to apply for admission at any of the Canadian Universities and pay the tuition fees, then they will receive the acceptance letter from the Designated Learning Institutions (DLI).
- In the next step, the candidate needs to check if a study visa is required. Electronic Travel Authorization (eTa) is a compulsion for all overseas applicants who dream to go to Canada.
- The candidate should prepare all the required documents needed for the application.
- The candidate has to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GCI).
- Then the candidate has to apply for the application.
- The candidate has to take a Medical exam to prove that they have good health and are perfectly fine to travel to Canada.
- In the last step, the candidate should fix the biometric and interview appointment.
The candidate should prepare all the required documents needed for the application.
Requirements for Canadian Study Visa
Here is the list of externally required documents:
- Valid Passport
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Funds
- Passport size photographs
- Language proficiency result
- Proof of payment
- Acceptance letter from candidate’s educational institute
Eligibility criteria for a Canadian student visa
Here is the list of eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should get enrolled in a DLI (recognized educational institution).
- Proof of Funds
- Police Clearance Certificate
What is the processing time for a study visa for Canada?
Canada is a popular destination for students globally who dream of studying in top institutions. The number of applications increases day by day and making it quite hard to predict how long it can take for a single application.
The processing time for a Canada Study Visa is usually 3 to 4 weeks. The candidates should evaluate their applications and documents before submitting them to avoid the risk of cancellation or delay in the application process.
What are the fees for a study visa for Canada?
The fee for a Canadian study visa is 150 Canadian dollars. The structure of the fee is as follows:
|Application (per person)||CAD|
|Study permit (including applications for extensions)||150 CAD|
|Biometric fees (per person)||85 CAD|
|Biometrics for a family (2 or more applicants) Maximum total fees for families that are applying together at the same time||170 CAD|
What is the validity of a Canadian Study Visa?
A Canadian study visa is valid up to the length of the program and an additional 90 days. Ninety days are provided to the candidates to apply for an extension of their study or to prepare themselves for coming back from Canada.
How can Sernexuss help you?
Sernexuss is a well-recognized and reputed immigration advisor with RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants). Sernexuss has a combined experience of over 16 years with a very professional team. We aim to assist every client equally while ensuring a positive and successful result.
We assist our clients through the following services:
- Technical evaluation of Profile
- Document verification
- Guiding them to choose the right college and right course
- IELTS COACHING
Contact Sernexuss and enjoy your hassle-free visa services.