Express Entry (EE) is a renowned online application management system used by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to manage the applications of skilled workers. The Express Entry system is the most popular and the fastest immigration pathway to Canada, the candidates have to meet all the eligibility requirements for any of the three immigration streams under the Express Entry program. The eligible and the highest-ranking candidates receive an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
How does Express Entry (EE) work?
- The candidates need to create an Express Entry profile, and then their applications get ranked according to the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) points system.
- The highest-ranking candidates get an invitation to apply for permanent residence as skilled immigrants in Canada.
- Once the candidate applies for Canadian permanent residency, their permanent residence application gets processed within six to seven months.
Which immigration programs does the Express Entry (EE) cover?
Here is the list of programs that the Express Entry cover:
- The Skilled Worker Program
- The Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class
Some candidates also get selected for Ontario’s Provincial Nominee Program through Express Entry.
Do I qualify for Express Entry (EE)?
The candidates who meet all the eligibility criteria required for any of the three immigration streams under the Express Entry, the Skilled Worker Program, the Skilled Trades Program or the Canadian Experience Class qualify for the Express Entry.
How is the Express Entry (EE) profile points determined?
A candidates Express Entry profile gets points based on the following factors:
- Candidate’s education level
- Candidate’s ability in any of the official languages of Canada: English or French.
- Candidates’ work experience and skills
- Candidate’s age
- If a candidate has a valid job offer in Canada
- Candidate spouse’s education level, language proficiency, and work experience
Candidates can earn additional points if they have completed a study program from a Canadian college or university, or if they have received a provincial nomination.
How does Express Entry (EE) choose people for PR?
- Once the candidate creates an Express Entry profile and submits it, their profile enters in the Express Entry pool, where other candidates have also applied for the Express Entry.
- The profile of the candidates gets ranked against each other in the express entry pool and gets a ranking based in the CRS points system.
- If the candidates achieve a high ranking their profile gets selected from the application list. Then the candidates receive an Invitation to apply (ITA) to apply for Canadian permanent residency as skilled immigrants.
IRCC updates the candidates daily about the minimum point required to achieve an ITA and the number of ITAs being issued.