What is Express Entry Program?
Express Entry (EE) is a renowned online application management system used by the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to manage the applications of the skilled workers. Express Entry system is the most popular and the fastest immigration pathway to Canada, the candidates have to meet all the eligibility requirements for any of the three immigration streams under the Express Entry program. The eligible and the highest-ranking candidates receives an invitation to apply for the Canadian permanent residency.
How does Express Entry (EE) work?
- The candidates needs to create an Express Entry profile, and then their applications gets ranked according to the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) points system.
- The highest-ranking candidates gets an invitation to apply for the permanent residence as a skilled immigrant in Canada.
- Once the candidate apply for the Canadian permanent residency, their permanent residence application gets processed within six to seven months.
Which immigration programs does the Express Entry (EE) cover?
Here is the list of programs that the Express Entry cover:
- The Skilled Worker Program
- The Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class
Some candidates also gets selected for the Ontario’s Provincial Nominee Program through the Express Entry.
Do I qualify for Express Entry (EE)?
The candidates who meets all the eligibility criteria required for any of the three immigration streams under the Express Entry: the Skilled Worker Program, Skilled Trades Program, or Canadian Experience Class qualify for the Express Entry.
How are the Express Entry (EE) profile points determined?
A candidates Express Entry profiles gets points based on the following factors:
- Candidate’s education level
- Candidate’s ability in any of the official languages of Canada: English or French.
- Candidates work experience and skills
- Candidate’s age
- If candidates has a valid job offer in Canada
- Candidate spouse’s education level, language proficiency, and work experience
Candidates can earn additional points if they have completed a study program from a Canadian college or university, or if they have received a provincial nomination.
How does Express Entry (EE) choose people for PR?
- Once the candidate creates an Express Entry profile and submit it, their profile enters in the Express Entry pool, where other candidates have also applied for the Express Entry.
- The profile of the candidates gets ranked against each other in the express entry pool, and gets a ranking based in the CRS points system.
- If the candidates achieves a high ranking their profile gets selected from the application list. Then the candidates receives an Invitation to apply (ITA) to apply for the Canadian permanent residency as a skilled immigrant.
IRCC updates the candidates daily about the minimum point required to achieve an ITA and the number of ITAs being issued.