Canada PR is the pathway to your dreams. Canada is a dream destination for millions of people looking for a stable job profile and living a luxurious life. The Government of Canada is well-respected as an international leader in accepting millions of immigrants through its various immigration programs.
The carefree standard of living, the education system, and the multi-culture attract a lot of immigrants to immigrate there. The best and fastest way to immigrate is to apply for a Canada PR visa from India.
Benefits of Canada PR
- A Canada PR holder can live, study and work anywhere in Canada.
- A Canada PR holder can apply for Canadian citizenship after living in Canada physically for a required amount of time.
- Permanent resident of Canada can sponsor their eligible family members for a PR visa.
- A Canadian PR holder receives all the medical and social benefits as a Canadian citizen but still being a citizen of their native country.
- A Canadian PR holder is safe under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
How to get a Canada PR visa from India?
The Government of Canada and IRCC (immigration, refugees, and Citizenship Canada) have designed various immigration pathways for immigrants. Every program has different procedures and different eligibility requirements.
Famous pathways for immigrating to Canada
- Express Entry Program– Express Entry is an online program evaluated through the point-based scoring system using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)– PNPs commanded through each province of Canada in collaboration with the Canadian Government.
- Sponsorship Program– A Canadian PR holder can sponsor their family members to immigrate to Canada and get PR.
How to apply for PR Visa through Express Entry Program?
The Express Entry Program is the fastest pathway to immigrate to Canada and achieve PR Visa. Express Entry was initiated by IRCC (immigration, refugees, and Citizenship Canada) in 2015.
Express Entry Program has three key categories:
- Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Eligibility Criteria for Express Entry Program
To qualify for the Express Entry Program, an individual needs to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 based on the following factors:
- Work Experience
- Language Ability
- Arranged Employment
Once a candidate meets all the eligibility criteria, they need to submit an Expression of Interest and get into the Express Entry Pool.
IRCC selects the eligible candidates from Express Entry Pool based on their CRS score and can receive an Invitation to Apply for PR Visa.
How to apply for a Provincial Nominee Program?
If candidates are not eligible for the Express Entry Program, they can apply for a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to get a Canada PR visa from India.
You can apply for Provincial Nominee Program through two methods:
- Get NOI – Every province program is connected with express entry streams through which they can access the express entry profile of the Candidates. The PNPs nominate the Profile of the candidates that can increase 600 additional CRS points in their Express Entry profile.
- Directly Apply to PNP – If a candidate is looking to settle in a particular province of Canada, they can directly apply to that province. The province evaluates the candidate’s application, and if they are found eligible, they will get the nomination for PR Visa from that province.
The process to apply for Canada PR Visa from India :
The easy method to apply for a Canada PR visa is mainly through two main programs- Express Entry Program and Provincial Nominee Program and they are as follows:
- Prepare Educational Credential assessment and language reports before applying.
The candidates must be proficient in any of the official languages of Canada (English or French).
- The candidates need to score a minimum of 67 points to meet the eligibility criteria for applying to an express entry program.
- The next step is to submit their Expression of Interest to their selected immigration program for application.
- Receive an invitation to apply (ITA).
- Once the candidate receives the ITA, they should apply for PR with all the required documents within 60 days.
- Obtain your medical and police clearance certificate beforehand.
- After providing all the documents, the immigration officer might ask for other important documents, so the candidates should be ready to bring them on time.
- At last, the candidate will receive the confirmation on the permanent residence document.
Usually, Canada PR processing time is between 6 to 8 months if the application is complete and perfect with all the required documents.
Documents to apply for Canada PR from India:
- Educational Credential Assessment Certificate
- IELTS Test result or Language Certificate
- Identity Proof
- Medical and Police Clearance Certificate
- Travel Documents
Getting a Canada PR Visa has become easier these days because of the improved immigration policies of the Canadian Government. Canada is a country of multiple opportunities for people with skills. The Permanent residents of Canada enjoy all the benefits of being a citizen of Canada but can still be a citizen of their native country.