Can I immigrate to Canada with my spouse?

Can I immigrate to Canada with my spouse? One of the most asked questions from couples planning to immigrate to Canada to live a lavish life. The answer to this question is yes; you can immigrate to Canada with your spouse. Various immigration programs like Spousal sponsorship to many other immigration programs can help you move to Canada with your partner.

Spousal sponsorship is one of the fastest ways to get your partner in Canada. It is an excellent choice for people who already have a partner living in Canada or are married to a Canadian citizen who can sponsor them for permanent residence.

Apply for Canada PR Visa with your spouse through Express Entry Program

Express Entry Program is a renowned immigration program in Canada to apply for Canada PR Visa. A candidate who is looking to immigrate to Canada and achieve Canada PR Visa with their spouse can apply through the Express Entry Program by following any one of the two pathways:

  • A primary applicant can list the name of their spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner as accompanying when filling out the application.

  • The Primary applicant can enlist the partner as non-accompanying.

Often, couples come to us asking to include their partner in their Express Entry Profile and are willing to take their partner to Canada. However, the primary applicant receives a higher CRS score in some cases without including their partner in the list.

Sernexuss advises its clients to include their spouse as a “non-accompanying” partner in this situation. After arriving in Canada and earning permanent residence, they can also sponsor their non-accompanying spouses for PR.

It is always better for the principal applicant to declare that they are married or are in a common-law relationship.

Canada Spouse/Dependent Visa

A Canada Spouse Visa or dependent visa allows a candidate to bring their spouse or dependents to Canada, allowing them to live, work and study anywhere in Canada. 

You can sponsor the following people under the Dependent Visa:

  • Spouse, Common-law, or Conjugal Partner
  • Dependent Children under the age of 18
  • Dependent parents or grandparents
  • Brother, sister, niece, nephew, or close relatives.

The candidate’s sponsor member can live in Canada, and the candidate’s spouse can also apply for a work permit.

Eligibility Criteria to sponsor applicants

The candidates need to meet all the requirements to be eligible to sponsor their spouses. They are as follows:

  • The candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
  • The candidate must be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident living in Canada.
  • The candidate should have no criminal history.

Eligibility Criteria of sponsored applicants

  • The sponsored applicant must be at least 16 years of age.

  • The sponsored applicant must have a real relationship with the sponsor, and the relationship must be at least one year old.

Another immigration program to immigrate to Canada with your spouse

Other immigration programs can help you immigrate to Canada with your spouse, like applying through Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs). For applying through the Provincial Nomination Programs, the spouse with the most vital skills and educational qualifications should be the principal applicant. The other partner will get enlisted as a dependent in the application.

The principal applicant is required to provide proof of enough funds to settle in Canada and should be able to fulfill the daily requirements of their spouse.

Another option available to the candidate is to apply individually (if both are eligible) to the respective immigration program. They can withdraw the application once one of them receives an Invitation to Apply (ITA).

Canadian Provinces offering PNPs

  • Alberta
  • British Columbia
  • Manitoba
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland & Labrador
  • Nova Scotia
  • Ontario
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Saskatchewan
  • Northwest Territories
  • Yukon

Documents required to immigrate to Canada with your spouse

The list of essential documents required for immigrating to Canada is as follows:

  • Spouse documents (including marriage certificates)
  • Passport and travel history
  • Other proof of relationship
  • Background Documents
  • Income proof of sponsor to prove adequate finances

How can Sernexuss help you?

Sernexuss has an experience of over more than five years in the immigration field, supporting the dreams of many candidates.

Sernexuss will help you with the following things:

  • Visa document checklist
  • Reliable assistance & guidance throughout the application process
  • Documentation Work
  • Updates about all the details by your allotted case managers
  • Post-landing service, settlement plan & much more.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *