Canada Tourist Visa
Canada Tourist visa is for those candidates who wish to visit Canada to travel or meet their family or friends residing there. Canada is a country with breathtaking beauty and an environment that attracts people from all over the world.
There are always chances of the rejection of a Canadian tourist visa because of incomplete documents, wrong application, etc. So the candidate should follow the process step- by- process to avoid the risk of rejection.
Who requires a Canada Visitor Visa?
The international/ foreign national candidates who wish to travel to Canada for:
- For tourism and leisure purposes
- To meet family, friends, or relatives staying there
- For business purpose
Candidates going to Canada under any of the above-mentioned categories requires a Canada visitor visa to enter Canada. The Canada visitor visa is a kind of temporary resident visa.
Requirements for a Canada Visitor Visa
Here is a list of some of the requirements that a candidate must fulfill to be eligible for a visitor visa:
- The candidate must have a passport.
- The candidate should have good health.
- The candidate should not have any past criminal record.
- The candidate must have sufficient funds to sponsor their stay expenses in Canada.
The candidate should provide proof of job, family, and financial assets.
What are the documents needed for a Canada Tourist Visa?
Here is the list of some of the compulsory documents needed for a Canada Tourist Visa:
The candidate should have a valid passport and other required travel documents. The candidate applying for a Canadian visa has to provide two copies of the information page of their passport.
It must include information such as:
- Date of issue and expiry of the passport
- Passport number
- Personal Information
The candidate has to provide recent 2 passport-size photographs while applying for a Canadian tourist visa.
3. Proof of funds
The candidate has to provide proof of funds to prove that the candidate has enough funds to support themselves while in Canada. They also need to prove that they can support their family while their stay in Canada. Following is the list of documents that they need to submit as proof of funds:
- Bank statements
- Letter of employment (to show your annual earnings)
- Financial support evidence from friends/family to cover your expenses during your stay.
- Income evidence of the person who will host you during your stay in Canada
- Other financial proofs like property, PPFs, shares, FDs, etc.
- Tax filing documents for the last 3 years
4. Cover Letter
The candidate has to provide a cover letter or declaration to the Canadian Government, to explain why they should give them the tourist visa.
5. Letter of Invitation
The candidate has to submit a letter of invitation received from the family, friend, or relative if visiting them in Canada.
6. Visa application and other required documents
The candidate should download the visa application form from the official website of IRCC. After downloading the visa application the candidate should submit all the required documents.
7. Travel program
The candidate should have a proper scheduled travel program mentioning everything about their trip from their air tickets to the places they will visit, etc.
8. Memorandum of Association and other documents
The self-employed candidates have to submit a Memorandum of Association (the company’s necessary corporate document) and other needed documents.
9. Documents of Proof
The candidates have to submit the documents to prove to the visa officers that they will return to their mother country and do not have an intention of staying back in Canada after the end of the trip.
Here is the list of required documents:
Proof of employment: The candidate has to submit the details of employment contracts that declare that the candidate is their permanent employee, their job position, and the date they will return to the work.
Proof of lease, and property dealing: These documents should be provided by the candidate to prove that they have no intention of staying back in Canada and will return to their nation after the end of the trip.
What is the application process to achieve a Canadian tourist visa from India?
By following the 6 steps, a candidate can achieve a Canada Tourist Visa:
- Step 1: In the first step, the candidate needs to download the visa application.
- Step 2: In the second step, the candidate needs to submit all the required documents.
- Step 3: In the third step, the candidate needs to make a payment for the biometrics fee and for the visa processing fee.
- Step 4: In the fourth step, the candidate needs to submit their application.
- Step 5: In the fifth step, the candidate has to provide biometrics (photograph and fingertip) by visiting the embassy or consulate.
- Step 6: After reviewing the application, eligibility, and background, the candidate will receive the decision if the application candidate gets approved or not.
What is the total fee needed to apply for a Canada Tourist Visa?
The fee required to apply for a Canadian tourist visa are as follows:
- Application Fee: 100 CAD (6, 140 INR approx.)
- Biometrics Fee: 85 CAD (5, 219 INR approx.
What is the processing time for the Canada Tourist Visa?
It usually takes 10-15 working days to process an application for a Canada Tourist visa.
It does not include the time taken for:
- Time is taken for giving biometrics
- Application sends between VAC and visa office.
Q1. Why should one visit Canada?
Ans. Canada is a popular and rapidly developing country that is in high demand amongst students, workers, business profiles, etc. It is well known for:
- Breath-taking environment and beautiful places
- Multicultural and modern cities
- Candidates can experience outdoor activities like camping, rafting, etc.
- Canada’s four seasons
- A great place to visit for a vacation with children.
Q2. Can we apply for a Canadian tourist visa without an invitation letter?
Ans. Submitting an invitation letter is not a necessary requirement for a Canadian tourist visa. The invitation letter is just an additional document that makes the case strong and it also proves to the immigration officer that you do not have any other intention and really going to meet your family, friends, or relatives.
Q3. Can I work with a visitor visa?
Ans. No, a candidate with a visitor visa cannot work in Canada.
Q4. What is the validity period of a Canadian Visitor Visa?
Ans. A Canadian visitor visa has a validity period of up to 6 months, during which a candidate can stay anywhere in Canada. The candidate has to leave the country before the expiry date.
Q5. What should not be done on a Canadian visitor visa?
Ans. Here is the list of following things that a candidate should do while on a Canadian visitor visa:
- A candidate cannot work on a Canadian visitor visa.
- The candidate cannot study in Canada with a visitor visa instead they can apply for a study visa.
- The candidate does not have the authority to stay in Canada visa.
How can Sernexuss help you?
Sernexuss is one of the most prominent immigration consultancies in India with a 100% success ratio. Sernexuss is a registered immigration advisor with Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).
Contact Sernexuss for legal visa assistance.