What is RCIC? Role, Benefits, Best RCIC Consultant
Immigration is not an easy task instead it is a complex and confusing one, as a candidate has to keep many things in mind to complete the process. Candidates when they plan to start their immigration journey have to go through a lot as some of them even don’t know how to start the process and how to apply. At times like these, the candidate needs a trustable, reliable, and experienced registered immigration consultant who can handle all the immigration process for them.
What is RCIC in Canadian immigration?
RCIC in Canadian immigration stands for Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.
Who are RCICs?
RCICs are the official and legally recognized representatives in coordination with the Canadian government.
Why should you hire an RCIC consultant?
Here is the list of 5 top reasons to hire an RCIC consultant:
- Licensed Professionals: The first reason is that licensed professionals go through strict IRCC testing and must have annual practice evaluations and continuous requirements of professional development. Every RCIC has to follow a strict code of conduct that must be properly imposed.
- In-depth knowledge: The RCIC consultant has deep knowledge of Canada’s immigration system, policies, and processes. Canada has over 80 immigration pathways such as Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Program, Start-up visa, Quebec- selected skilled workers, and Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). Etc.
Candidates can select a suitable immigration program for them according to their eligibility, experience, expectations, etc.
- Best Options: The RCIC consultant will help you to choose the best options, and they will suggest you the Best immigration options.
- A personalized immigration strategy: The RCIC consultant will create a personalized immigration strategy for the candidate after discussing it with them.
- Represent the candidate before IRCC: The immigration consultant chosen by the candidate will help them to represent him/her to the IRCC, by filling out the form- IMM5476, Use of a Representative- and submitting it to the IRCC with their immigration application.
How to know if my Canadian immigration consultant is an authorized one or not?
The CICC (College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants has a list on the online public register that mentions all the Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) and Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs).
The candidate can check on the online public register whether Canadian immigration has the license or not. The immigration consultants with an active status of either RISIAs or RCICs on the online public register can offer immigration services or advice.
What if a Canadian immigration consultant is not authorized?
IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), do not accept any Canadian immigration applications submitted by unauthorized immigration consultants.
For achieving a Canadian permanent residence visa, the paid representation or advice to a candidate can only be offered by someone with the following:
- the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants,
- the Chambre des notaires du Québec, or
- A Canadian provincial or territorial law society.
A candidate should always choose a professional immigration consultant with a valid and approved license.
How to choose the right immigration consultant for Canada PR?
Here is the list of things, a candidate should look at before selecting their immigration consultant:
- Word-of-mouth recommendations
- Advice from many
- Free Consultation
- Experience matters
- Written contract
- Don’t sign blank forms
- No false information
- No withholding of information
- Get copies
- Signed receipts
A candidate should carefully choose their immigration consultant, the candidate should have done a thorough background check of the immigration consultant before starting their immigration process with the consultancy. The candidates should take some suggestions from their friends, family, or relatives who have already immigrated to their dream destination. The candidate should choose an immigration consultancy that has many years of expertise and experience. The candidate should meet the staff of the consultancy before starting the process.
What services does a Canadian immigration consultant offer?
A Canadian immigration consultant can offer a wide range of services to its clients both before and after they receive their visas. The immigration services that may be offered by a consultant include:
- Eligibility check
- Documentation work
- Best Canadian PR pathway
- Representing candidates before IRCC
- Post-landing services
- Settlement plan
Why choose Sernexuss?
Sernexuss is a registered immigration advisor with Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), and one of the most prominent and leading immigration consultants in India. Sernexuss can help you achieve:
- PR Visa
- Business Visa
- Investor Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Spouse Visa
- Super Visa
- Study Visa
Sernexuss also helps its clients with other services like technical evaluation of profiles, interviews, post-landing and settlement services, and IELTS complimentary classes.
Q1. Who regulates RCICs?
Ans. The CICC (College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants) regulates immigration and citizenship consultants in Canada. Previously, the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) use to regulate the RCIC. The college started on November 23, 2021.
Q2. Are overseas Canadian immigration consultants also regulated?
Ans. The regulatory body of the candidate gets applicable to all the immigration citizens for Canada, whether they work in:
- Overseas or
- In Canada
All the consultants for Canadian visas and immigration should be licensed by the college to work with IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) if they take to get paid for their services.
Q3. Why are the consultants regulated by the Canadian government?
Ans. The consultants get regulated by the Canadian government because then only IRCC can protect the candidates from any unauthorized consultants.