Canada PR Application Process can take up to 1 year, depending on the type of application. Immigrants can get a Canada PR in 8 to 10 months, or even in less time if they fulfill all the requirements of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); it makes them decide the final results earlier.
Canada is a country of dreams, for everyone contemplating to have a luxurious and comfortable lifestyle. Canada is an employment base for everyone looking for their desired job roles. Due to the shortage of skilled workers in Canada, they hire lots of talented foreign workers to execute the needs of their local markets and manage the development of Canada’s economy.
What is Canada PR?
Canada PR Visa is the first step for someone looking to settle in Canada permanently or temporarily. It grants five years status as a permanent resident, enjoying all rights as a citizen of Canada and, can maintain your native country citizenship. After five years, an immigrant who wishes to continue staying there can renew their PR Card or apply for Canadian citizenship after three years of living in Canada.
What is the eligibility for PR in Canada?
- Language Proficiency
- Work Experience
- Arranged Employment
Age- There is no specific age limit to apply for Canada PR is mentioned by IRCC or the Canadian government to immigrate to Canada. In some cases, programs give preference to younger candidates.
Education- A candidate must have valid educational certificates to prove their eligibility according to the Canadian education standard.
Language Proficiency- It is compulsory to have proficiency in any one of the official languages of Canada, English or French.
Work Experience- It is mandatory to have a minimum of one year of experience to meet the eligibility criteria.
Adaptability- Adaptability to a maple country and having blood relatives or connections in Canada can earn additional points.
How to calculate your Canada PR points?
The assessment for Canada PR Visa by using a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based on four factors are following:
- Core or Human Capital Factors- Evaluated on the factors like age, work experience, education, and language skills.
- Spouse or Common-law partner factors- In this factor, age, education, work experience, and language skills of the spouse or common-law partner, who is accompanying the candidate.
- Skill Transferability- This category is calculated based on education, work experience, and qualification certificate of skill (candidates in trade).
- Additional Points- An additional six hundred points rewarded to candidates nominated under Provincial Nomination Program.
How to apply for Canada PR Visa from India?
To acquire Canada PR Visa from India, a candidate must provide all the required documents within a given period for fast processing of the application.
Educational Credential Assessment- Candidates must provide an ECA certificate to prove their education equivalent to Canadian Standard.
- Language Proficiency Certificate- Candidate needs to provide their language skill reports to prove that they are eligible in any one of the official languages of Canada (English and French).
- Express Entry Profile- After achieving the ECA and language certificate, the next important step for a candidate is to create an Express Entry Profile.
- CRS points- CRS ranks the profile of the higher-ranked candidates who becomes eligible for Canada PR Visa.
- Invitation to Apply- The high-ranked profiles get selected to receive an invitation to apply for PR Visa within 60 days.
- Confirmation of permanent residence- After applying for a PR visa, an assessment of application happens, if a candidate receives a positive result, they receive a confirmation of permanent residence.
What is the processing period for the Canada PR Visa Application?
Processing time for Canada PR depends on the programs you applied to and the type of application you submitted.
Express Entry Program, the fastest pathway to immigrate to Canada, can process an application within six months.
IRCC handles all the applications of the candidates and then makes a final decision after evaluating them.
Two main programs for immigration to Canada:
Express Entry Program– The applications of the candidates can be processed within six months under Express Entry Program if they submit a complete and perfect application. The candidate can apply through three immigration programs under Express Entry- Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Experience Class.
Provincial Nominee Program– It is the second-fastest immigration route to Canada. It can averagely take 6 to 16 months based on the demands of the distinct provinces. Candidate can submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Province they want to settle in.